In keeping with the sporting spirit of West Bengal, Adamas University has set up independent sports units catering to various athletics including football, cricket, table tennis, volleyball, basketball, chess, badminton, swimming, tennis. It also boasts of possessing an exclusive centre of yoga and physical education with state-of-the-art gymnasium & wellness suite along with other latest infrastructure. A research-intensive university, Adamas also recognizes that the first step to a happy and accomplished life is health and it has therefore designed massive plans to establish 16 sports schools across the state and will also include new games like archery, shooting and several other indoor and outdoor sports.
Prof Samit Ray- Chancellor, Adamas University & Founder-Chairman, RICE Group, in addition to his phenomenal contribution in the world of education since 3 decades also has a deep desire to promote sports culture and encourage the less privileged and hidden talents who can make a mark in the world of sports. A thorough sports enthusiast, he is fully committed to creating a platform to endorse sports as a way of life and entwine it with education by investing in potential, encouraging participation and rewarding performance. To take it to a professional level and out of his love for sports along with his strong desire to nurture talents, Prof Ray, has already established Adamas Cricket Academy (ACA) for budding cricketers in collaboration with Indian Skipper M S Dhoni who is the Mentor of ACA. Adamas University’s tie-up with Atlético de Kolkata (ATK), one of the Indian Super League (ISL) teams as an ‘Official Partner’ since Season-1 is another shot in the arm.
The tournaments that Adamas University has already played in;
- AKC Cricket Challenge Trophy – 2015
- “UDGHOSE” – Football Match at All India inter IIT sports meet in Kanpur – 2015
- “LAKSH” – Sports meet in Kanpur in 2015.
- Annual sports meet in 2015
- A friendly Cricket match played with local teams – 2016
- All India Reliance Youth Football Championship won Group Champion title – 2016
- AKC Volley ball team played a match with State Level Team – 2016
- Body Building show held at AKC – 2016
- International friendly football match against Bhutan University at AKC ground – 2016 In addition, weekly competitions and matches are organized by the department of Physical Education which also imparts adequate and regular training to the teams of Adamas University. The sessions and programs have been structured in a manner that helps students, faculties and other staff to achieve fitness goals by selecting and participating in one’s favorite activity. This also enables to discover new passions by expanding horizons and helps lead a balanced and healthy life.