Biotechnology being a field of all realms of life sciences as well as related fields of technology offers a comprehensive knowledge of both fundamentals as well as applications in different branches of Biotechnology in order to meet the present and future needs. Advanced level knowledge will be offered in Genetics, Genomics, Proteomics, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Recombinant DNA technology, Plant, Animal, Microbial and Nano Biotechnology, Clinical Biochemistry and Biophysics as well as Bioinformatics. Laboratory and skill based training in the relevant field has been strongly emphasized. Foundation courses comprising of English language and Literature, Communicative English and developing writing skill, Computer C-programming along with computer application in Biology and Environmental Science with an emphasis on energy resources are the highlights of the unique course structure. Interaction with industry and national research labs, students’ seminar and independent project work have been introduced in order to update the students of recent development in Biotechnology. Our vision is to be the Centre of Excellence in the field of Biotechnology equipped to educate students who will work for the welfare of the society.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Science from a recognized University or equivalent.
2. Qualified in Adamas University Admission Test (AUAT).
Click here to view the curriculum
Admission to the course will take place in terms of the Admission Notification issued by the University every year before the commencement of the academic session. Selection for admission to the course will be based on the eligibility criteria, performance in the admission test and also on the policy of reservation, if any, as indicated in the admission notification.
Project Name: Metal homeostasis in bacteria: A comprehensive study understanding the role of ArsR-SmtB family of transcriptional repressors in combating varying metal concentrations in the environment.
Principle Investigator: Dr. Rudra Prasad Saha
Scheme: Early Career Research Award (DST-SERB), Govt. of India
Broad Area: Life Sciences
Duration: 36 months (2017-2019)
- An updated and modernized syllabus with emphasis on proper laboratory training along with compulsory seminar presentation and project work will enable students to be equipped for employment as faculty member or research scientist in any reputed University and research institute in India and abroad.
- The present course will help students to build a career in Agro Industries, Animal husbandry, Environmental Conservation, Pharmaceutical and Health sector Organization and Industries at national and international level.
- Programs designed with specific applications will enable students to start their own entrepreneurship.
- The courses on career and skill development as well as the foundation course offered in Biotechnology will enable students to compete in national level competitive UPSC examinations.