The Honours course with Chemistry as major is based on fundamentals along with applications in Physical chemistry, Organic Chemistry and Inorganic Chemistry with an integrated approach to understand structure, function and mechanism of various systems at macro and micro level. The course also includes chemistry and structures of biomolecules and different instrumental techniques in Analytical chemistry. Laboratory and skill based training in Inorganic analysis, Organic synthesis, Physical Chemistry ,Analytical Chemistry and also Biochemistry has been emphasized. Physics and Mathematics are the two compulsory elective subjects associated with Chemistry major. Project work and students’ seminar have been introduced to get an overview of the ongoing research and development in the subject.The programme also includes Foundation courses comprising of English language and literature, Computer basic and application and Environmental science with an emphasis in renewable and non-renewable energy recourses. A compulsory course based on Essentials of Social Science will help to acquire knowledge in various fields, such as mathematical aptitude and reasoning, basics in economics, law, management, constitution, information technology and socio-political science
1. 10+2 passed from recognized Board or equivalent in Science stream.
2. Qualified in Adamas University Admission Test (AUAT).
Click here to view the curriculum
1. Qualified in Adamas University Admission Test (AUAT) conducted by the University through ONLINE and OFFLINE.
Project Name: Synergy between metal-organic frameworks and organometallics through C-H bond activation: Novel approach in heterogeneous multifunctional catalysis.
Principle Investigator: Dr. Rupam Sen
Scheme: Early Career Research Award (DST-SERB), Govt. of India
Broad Area: Chemical Sciences
Duration: 36 months (2017-2019)
• After successful completion, a graduate student with his laboratory and skill based training will be able to join the work force needed at various levels of education, industry and research. The course will enable the students to find placement in chemical and pharmaceutical industries, power sector industry and organizations dealing with environmental pollution.
• The major course will enable students to compete entrance examination for different post graduate courses in Chemistry and Life Science in various Institutes.
• The courses on career and skill development as well as the foundation course offered in the curriculum will enable students to compete national level competitive UPSC examination.