Post graduate course in Chemistry offers a comprehensive knowledge of both the fundamentals as well as the applications in Physical, Organic and Inorganic Chemistry in an integrated manner in order to meet the present and future need in the respective branch. Advanced level specialization will be offered in all the three branches. Chemistry and physics of polymers, symmetry and group theory in chemistry, spectroscopy and spectroscopic techniques, nano and material science, molecular recognition, structure and function of biomolecules have been included as compulsory topics. Laboratory and skill based training in Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Analysis, Organic synthesis and characterization and Analytical Chemistry have been strongly emphasized.Foundation courses in English language and literature with emphasis in communicative English and developing writing skill, in environmental science including energy resources and in computer C- Programming along with computer application in chemistry using various software are the highlights of this unique course structure. Interaction with industry and national research Labs, students’ seminar and independent project work have been introduced in order to update the students of recent research and development in chemical science and related fields.
Honours graduate with Chemistry and Mathematics as core subjects from any UGC affiliated University.
Click here to view the curriculum
1. Qualified in Adamas University Admission Test (AUAT) conducted by the University through ONLINE and OFFLINE.
Project Name: Synergy between metal-organic frameworks and organometallics through C-H bond activation: Novel approach in heterogeneous multifunctional catalysis.
Principle Investigator: Dr. Rupam Sen
Scheme: Early Career Research Award (DST-SERB), Govt. of India
Broad Area: Chemical Sciences
Duration: 36 months (2017-2019)
• An updated and modernized syllabus with emphasis on proper laboratory training along with compulsory seminar presentation and project work will enable students to be equipped for employment as faculty member or research scientist in any reputed University and research institute in India and abroad.
• The present course will help students to build a career in Chemical and Pharmaceutical organization and industry, Thermal power sector, Atomic energy sector, Solar power industry, other non-renewable energy sector, Environmental laboratory and Nano-material laboratory at national and international level.
• Programmes designed with specific applications will enable students to start their own entrepreneurship in various fields of chemistry and related subjects.
• The courses on career and skill development as well as the foundation course offered in Chemistry will enable students to compete in national level competitive UPSC examinations.