Biochemistry, an interdisciplinary science integrating biology, chemistry, physics and bioinformatics offers a rigorous chemical approach to understand the structure of biomolecules, bioenergetics, the metabolic activities of cell and the principles of molecular biology, Biochemistry of Hormones, Clinical and Nutritional Biochemistry, Food analysis, Microbiology, Genetics, Molecular biology, Immunology and Recombinant DNA technology, Clinical Biochemistry. The course also contains principles of spectroscopic and other analytical techniques to correlate biochemical knowledge with human health and diseases. Laboratory and skill based training in the relevant fields has been strongly emphasized. Seminar and project work have been made compulsory to enable students to get an overview of the present scenario of recent development in Biochemistry and related fields. The course contains any two from Physics/Zoology/Computer Science/Mathematics/Chemistry as two compulsory elective subjects. The programme also includes Foundation courses comprising of English language and literature, Computer basics and application and Environmental Science with an emphasis on renewable and non-renewable energy resources. A compulsory course based on Essentials of Social Science will help acquire knowledge in various fields, such as mathematical aptitude and reasoning, basics in economics, law, management, constitution, information technology and socio-political science
1. 10+2 passed from recognized Board or equivalent in Science stream.
2. Qualified in Adamas University Admission Test (AUAT).
Click here to view the curriculum
1. Qualified in Adamas University Admission Test (AUAT) conducted by the University through ONLINE and OFFLINE.
- After successful completion, a graduate student with his laboratory and skill based training will be able to join the work force needed at various levels of education, industry and research. The course will enable the students to find placement in the research institutes, universities, pharmaceutical companies, government and public health laboratories.
- The major course will enable students to compete entrance test for different post graduate courses in Life Science in various Institutes.
- The courses on career and skill development as well as the foundation course offered in the curriculum will enable students to compete national level competitive UPSC examination.