The 2 – Year M.Sc. Program in Geography consists of four semesters and offers advanced courses on Geography including Applied Geomorphology, Applied Environmental Geography, Advanced Quantitative Techniques, Advanced Geoinformatics, Regional Planning and Development etc.The compulsory physical and socio – economic field based courses is being conducted during the 3rd Semester. The department, however, has a pool of wall maps, topographic sheets, aerial photos and satellite imageries. A well-equipped laboratory with quite a lot of instruments like Dumpy Level, Prismatic, Brunton Compass, Theodolite, Abney Level, stereoscopes, Soil, Water and Air testingdevicessupport field and lab research of the students. Independent dissertation project under the guidance of the candidate’s advisor updates the students of recent development in Geography and related fields. Remote sensing and GIS software facilitate the students to learn to process the satellite images and to manage and analyze large amounts of geographic data. Upon successful completion of third semester he/she will be able to apply Geoinformatics techniques successfully in her or his research project. Foundation course in English language and Literature, Communicative English and developing writing skill, Computer C-programming along with computer application in Geography and Environmental Science with an emphasis on energy resources are the highlights of the unique course structure. Interaction with industry and national research labs, students’ seminar have been introduced to the courses which is highly significant for several aspiring students.
- 10+2 in any disciplineor equivalent.
- Qualified in Adamas University Admission Test (AUAT).
Click here to view the curriculum
Admission to the course will take place in terms of the Admission Notification issued by the University every year before the commencement of the academic session. Selection for admission to the course will be based on the eligibility criteria, performance in the admission test and also on the policy of reservation, if any, as indicated in the admission notification.
- After successful completion, a graduate students with their laboratory and skill based trainings, will be able to join the work force needed at various levels of education, industry and research.
- The major course will enable students to compete entrance test for different post graduate courses in Geography in various Institutes.
- The courses on career and skill development as well as the foundation course offered in the curriculum will enable students to compete national level competitive examinations.
After the completion of Graduation there will be chance for admission in Master’s Degree/ Diploma in different disciplines other than Geography like Environment Science, Regional Development and Planning, Geo-informatics, Hazards and Disaster management’s Programmes