History is a subject that enables us to understand the past, comprehend the present and foresee the future. It is a subject of great utility that enriches us and helps us to develop ourselves as mature human beings. Long ago Confucius, the great Chinese philosopher speaking on the utility of history in human life had observed,‘Study the past if you would define the future’. The importance of the subject has been stressed by different scholars at different points of time. In the words of Michael Crichton, one of the most important English novelists of the present generation, ‘If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree’. Since ancient times history as a subject has been considered essential for the development of mankind and growth of civilizations.
- 10+2 in science/artsdiscipline or equivalent.
- Qualified in Adamas University Admission Test (AUAT).
Click here to view the curriculum
Admission to the course will take place in terms of the Admission Notification issued by the University every year before the commencement of the academic session. Selection for admission to the course will be based on the eligibility criteria, performance in the admission test and also on the policy of reservation, if any, as indicated in the admission notification.
- Placements in several academic spheres
- Careers in different administrative sectors
- Opportunities to find placements in many newspapers
- Careers in any media
- Placements in publishing house as journalists
- Career opportunities as content writers, proof readers or copy editors
- Career opportunities in Digital Media
- Careers in Technical Writing
- Careers in Corporate Training
- Teaching careers after qualifying competitive examinations like, SSC, NET/SET
- Opportunities for higher studies in the university or abroad after completing Ph.D.