The course in Biotechnology, an interdisciplinary field of Biology that encompasses all realms of life sciences, as well as related fields of technology, offers topics based on Genetics, Molecular Biology, Immunology, Biophysical techniques, Plant Biotechnology, Animal & Medical Biotechnology, Microbial Biotechnology, Fermentation Technology, and Genetic Engineering. The course also provides ample scope of skill development through appropriate laboratory training in different areas of Biotechnology. Compulsory project work, students’ seminar and Bioinformatics are the highlights of the course. The core course integrates Chemistry and any two from Botany/Zoology/Computer Science / Physics / Mathematics as two compulsory elective subjects. The program also includes Foundation courses in English language and literature, Computer basics and application and in Environmental Science with an emphasis on renewable and non-renewable energy resources. A compulsory course based on Essentials of Social Science will help acquire knowledge in various fields, such as mathematical aptitude and reasoning, basics in economics, law, management, constitution, information technology and socio-political science. Our vision is to be the Centre of Excellence in the field of Biotechnology equipped to educate students who will work for the welfare of the society
1. 10+2 passed from recognized Board or equivalent in Science stream.
2. Qualified in Adamas University Admission Test (AUAT).
Click here to view the curriculum
- An updated and modernized syllabus with emphasis on proper laboratory training along with compulsory seminar presentation and project work will enable students to be equipped for employment as faculty member or research scientist in any reputed University and research institute in India and abroad.
· The present course will help students to build a career in Agro Industries, Animal husbandry, Environmental Conservation, Pharmaceutical and Health sector Organization and Industries at national and international level.
· Programs designed with specific applications will enable students to start their own entrepreneurship.
- The courses on career and skill development as well as the foundation course offered in Biotechnology will enable students to compete in national level competitive UPSC examinations.
Project Name: Metal homeostasis in bacteria: A comprehensive study understanding the role of ArsR-SmtB family of transcriptional repressors in combating varying metal concentrations in the environment.
Principle Investigator: Dr. Rudra Prasad Saha
Scheme: Early Career Research Award (DST-SERB), Govt. of India
Broad Area: Life Sciences
Duration: 36 months (2017-2019)
- After successful completion, a graduate student with his laboratory and skill based training will be able to join the work force needed at various levels of education, industry and research. The course will enable the students to find placement in the research institutes, Universities, Pharmaceutical companies, government and public health laboratories.
- The major course will enable students to compete entrance test for different post graduate courses in Life Science in various Institutes.
The courses on career and skill development as well as the foundation course offered in the entire curriculum will enable students to compete national level competitive UPSC examination