B.Sc (Medical Laboratory Technology) (BMLT)
Minimum 50% aggregate in 10 +2 or equivalent from any recognized board system of education or equivalent examination in science group with Chemistry, Physics & Biology, as main subjects conducted by a recognized Board/Council/ University.
B. Sc in Medical Laboratory Technology (BMLT) is a 4-years undergraduate program "Offered under Department of Pharmaceutical Technology 2021-22" that caters to the field of Allied Health Sciences. This program aims at creating professionals with the knowledge of the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease with the help of clinical laboratory tests. The program equips eligible candidates with an advanced learning in both routine and sophisticated laboratory diagnostic procedures. Students enrolled to the program are taught to perform tests that aid in the diagnosis and treatment of disease. This program aims to creating professional with the requisite knowledge and skills needed to handle sophisticated lab equipment and perform accurate laboratory tests.
Duration of Course: 4 years
Objectives/aim of the course:
1. Proficiently perform a full range of clinical laboratory tests
2. Develop and evaluate test systems and interpretive algorithms
3. Manage information to enable effective, timely, accurate, and cost-effective reporting of
Expectation from the future graduate in providing patient care:
At the end of the course the student should be able to:
1. Perform routine clinical laboratory testing.
2. Make specimen-oriented decisions on predetermined criteria including working knowledge of critical values.
3. Communicate with other members of healthcare team, customers and patients in an effective manner.
4. Process information and ensure quality control as appropriate to routine laboratory procedures.
5. Train students in routine laboratory procedure.
6. Upgrade knowledge and skills in a changing healthcare scenario.
7. Should know the logical interpretation of clinical lab investigations.
8. Should be able to extrapolate data acquired.
9. Should be able to working on automated machine.
Program educational objectives (PEOs):
PEO 1. Graduates will be qualified professionals in Medical Laboratory Sciences and pursue career in Government and private diagnostic labs, hospital labs, clinical labs, public health labs, R & D and successful entrepreneurship.
PEO 2. Graduates will have proficiency in discovering newer method of analysis. Conduct various diagnostic tests, instrument calibration and develop new testing kits in field of research.
PEO 3. Graduates will become a successful head of lab by Critical decision-making skills and ensuring the best leadership quality with maximizing profit while leading a diverse and multidisciplinary team and different type of environment.
PEO 4. Graduates will become a fast learner with opportunities to accept the role as a professional, related to clinical or research, grow personally and adapt to change.
PEO 5. Graduates will contribute significantly in a team through professional competency and along with maintain ethical value.