Dr. GOURANGA PATRA
Subject – Marketing, School of Management.
Designation- Associate Professor and Academic Coordinator, School of Commerce & Management
Dr. Gouranga Patra graduated from Burdwan University, West Bengal , post graduated from Biju Patnaik University of Technology, Odisha, and completed Ph.D. from Assam University. He is having more than 10 years of teaching and research experiences.
Area of Research – MARKETING, CONSUMER BEHAVIOR, ADVERTISING, RETAILING,
Past Employment –
C V Raman College of Engineering (Autonomous),
BBSR, Odisha Assistant Professor 03 years
Srusti Academy of Management, BBSR Assistant Professor 01 year
NIS ACADEMY, Guwahati Lecturer in management 2.5 years
R.K.Degree College, Silchar Lecturer in Management 01 year
Total Experience: Academic 9 years and 1 year industry out of that 5 years post PhD .
Professional Activities and Awards –
List of Publications in peer reviewed journals / edited books/ books–
1. Patra G, Distribution and Promotion effectiveness on sales- A study of retailers
perception, Splint international journal of professional, 2016, Vol-3, no-9, pp-74-83,
2015. ISSN- 2349-6045.
2. Kumar,B ,and Patra,G, Classical wisdom and the in-roots of modern advertising,
Indian journal of marketing, 2010, vol-39, no-6,. ISSN-0973-8703 (IF- 0.147)
3. Kumar,B and Patra,G, Effectiveness of localized imagery in the advertising layout for
FMCG product- a case study, Journal of Marketing and Communication, 2011,vol-5,
4. Kumar,B and Patra,G, Celebrity endorsement in FMCG advertising – a case study in
a culturally vibrant society, Advances in Management, 2011,vol-3, no-8,.ISSN- 0974-
5. Kumar,B and Patra,G, Socio-economic and cultural profile and the success of
advertising- an empirical study, Management and change, 2011,vol-15, no-1,.ISSN2278-4551
6. Patra,G, Marketing Problems of Small Medium Enterprise- A case study in Bankura
District of West Bengal, New Horizon Business Thought, 2012, Vol-3, no-1, PP-37-
42, ISSN- 0974-2435
7. Kumar,B and Patra,G, Marketing exposure – a tool for effective advertising
campaign, Journal of Marketing and Communication, 2012,vol-6, no-2, pp- 27-32.
8. Patra,G, and Gogoi, M, Self evaluation and targeted professional development: an
approach to enhance quality in professional education, Srusti Management review,
2012, Vol-6 ,no-1, pp 131-135,.ISSN- 0974-4274
9. Patra,G, Niche marketing- an opportunity for profitable market for small and
medium-sized enterprises, IPSAR Management Review, 2011,Vol-11, no-1, pp-15-
10. Patra,G and Kumar,B, Packaging a new perspective for marketers – a case study in
an isolated region of North East India, Journal of Marketing and Communication,
,2013,vol-9, no-3, pp-39-47, ISSN-0973-2330
11. Kumar,B and Patra,G, Recall and Recognition complementarities- accessing the role
of outdoor media as a catalyst for modern advertising, Parikalpana (KIIT School of
Management), 2013, vol-9, no-1, pp-69-81 , ISSN- 0972-2785
12. Kumar,B and Patra,G, Conceptualizing and testing Advertising Demand Grid- A
prospective tool for an effective AD-Designing, KIIMS International Management
Review, 2013, Vol-3, no-2 , PP-47-61 ISSN- 2250-0960
13. Patra,G, Design of market atmosphere is an effective tool of advertising than store
design, BIITM Management review, 2013,Vol-3, no-1, pp-65-74, ISSN-2250-1533
14. Patra,G and Kumar,B, Brand awareness in advertising- a study of rural consumer
market in north east India, Journal of Marketing & Communication, 2014, Vol-10, no1, pp-55-59,. ISSN-0973-2330
15. Patra,G, Customer acquisition, retention strategies and its impact on financial
performance- a case study, Splint international journal of professional, 2015, Vol-2,
no-2, pp-22-28, 2015. ISSN- 2349-6045
16. Patra,G , Innovative marketing strategy for professional education- A road map, Splint
international journal of professional, 2015, Vol-2, no-12, pp-22-28, 2015. ISSN2349-6045.
1. Patra,G, Consumers Attitudinal Change Through Advertising- An Exploratory study
in Assam, Innovation of Business Management, 2013,ISBN-97881-923793-2-9, P G
Department of Business Management, pp-111-121.
2. Kumar,B and Patra,G, FMCG advertising in isolated valley in Assam – A case study
in Barak Valley in Assam, Emerging Issues in Business Management, 2013, ISBN97881-923793-1-9, P G Department of Business Management, pp-111-123.
1. Advertising Effectiveness in Indian Context- LAMBERT- Germeny ISBN-13:978-3-
8484-2348-4, ISBN-10:3848423480, EAN: 978384842348.
Research abstract from proceedings in National / International seminars–
1. Patra G, Micro Small and Medium Enterprise and its role in developing economy,
sponsored by UGC, organized by Department of Businees Administration, Utkal
University, September 2014.
2. Kumar,B and Patra,G, Conceptualizing and testing Advertising Demand Grid- A
prospective tool for an effective AD-Designing, National Conference organized by
Indian Commerce Association, Pondicherry university, December , 2011.
3. Patra, G, Innovative marketing strategy for professional education – a road map,
AICTE sponsored , Organized by Department of Management-REC-BBSR, May 2013.
4. Patra, G, Customer Acquisition, Retention and Financial Performance- A case study,
AICTE sponsored, organized by Department of MBA- NIIS institute, BBSR, May
5. Patra,G, Consumers Attitudinal Change Through Advertising- An Exploratory study in
Assam, international conference organized by Department of Management, Srusti
Academy of Management.
6. Patra, G, Sustainability growth and development of Small Medium Enterprise- A study
of Orissa, International seminar, Department of business management, Utkal
university, Odisha, February, 2013.
7. Patra, G, Presented paper sponsored by UGC, Corporate Governance- a watch dog,
Department of business administration, Assam university, January 2011.
8. Patra, G, National seminar sponsored by UGC and NERO, on Panchayetraj, M.C.DAS
College, Assam University, November 2010
Invited lecture on Women Entrepreneurship and Financial Inclusion, sponsored by
UGC, organized by Surendranath college, Kolkata, October 2016.