Allied Medical or allied health science courses represent a discipline that involves the study of disease transmission, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation. The allied medical professionals apply scientific principles or evidence-based practices to evaluate and then treat chronic as well as acute diseases. The field is concerned with the promotion of disease prevention, public wellness, improvement of quality of life in terms of health, as well as operation and management of the healthcare system. In addition to this, allied medical courses also deal with all kinds of diagnostic techniques that are crucial for providing the right treatment to patients. Some of the diagnostic techniques used in the medical field include pathological tests, blood analysis, radiography, tissue pathology, etc. Furthermore, unlike the education requirement to become a surgeon or physician the educational qualification for allied medical can ranges from UG/PG degrees to practical training. Many allied medical professionals specialise in the promotion of optimum function and health and the improvement of health-related quality of life. The allied medical professionals include supervisors working in medical laboratories, radio-imaging, neuro-physiology or optical laboratories and paramedical technicians.
Medical laboratory technology is the branch of Allied Health science responsible for performing laboratory investigations relating to the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. Adamas university have a large area of research laboratories which also include some of the diagnosis machines like –
- Cell counter/ Haematology analyser
- semi auto analyser
- Microscope (simple, compound)
- Water Bath
- Hot air Oven
- Bio safety Cabinet
- Laminar Airflow
- Microtome and many others well developed Instruments.
Adamas University is one of the best private universities in Kolkata, West Bengal. For its world-class education and Laboratories. More and more eligible aspirants are pursuing MLT courses because the medical lab technician field is expected to grow in India in the coming years. This growth is due to the increasing demand for diagnostic services and the need for more trained personnel to perform these services. The profession is expected to grow by 15% from 2014 to 2024, which is much faster than the average for all occupations. This growth is due to the increasing need for medical testing due to population growth and aging. Medical laboratory technicians are well-trained to handle different types of laboratory tests and procedures. MLT course graduates can work in hospitals, clinics, research institutes, biotechnology companies, diagnostic centres, and other healthcare establishments.
The medical lab technician field in India is rapidly growing and evolving. But so is the demand for MLT course graduates. With new technology and advances in medicine, there is a lot of potential for medical lab technicians after completing MLT course to make a difference in the healthcare industry. Many job opportunities are available for qualified candidates, and the future looks bright for those interested in this career.
Students should consider a B.Sc. in MLT programme for a variety of factors, including the following:
- Graduates with a B.Sc. in MLT can choose from a variety of careers, including microbiologists, medical technologists, laboratory workers, and research associates.
- In the area of medical laboratory technology, you can anticipate seeing rapid career growth and advancement as you acquire more experience and skills.
- Graduates of the B.Sc. in MLT programme can anticipate competitive starting salaries in the medical sector with the potential for growth over time.
- India’s healthcare and medical sectors are expanding and developing quickly, which is driving up demand for qualified medical workers. Graduates with a B.Sc. in MLT are highly sought after in healthcare facilities like clinics, hospitals, and study facilities.
Job openings in India for B.Sc. MLT grads
Graduates of the B.Sc. in MLT programme in India can choose from a range of positions in the public and private industries. Graduates with a B.Sc. in MLT may qualify for a variety of positions, including:
- Healthcare administrators are responsible for overseeing the activities of clinics, hospitals, and other healthcare facilities. They are in charge of the daily activities, personnel, and budgets.
- Biomedical scientists are in charge of designing and evaluating medical tools and apparatus. They are employed by hospitals, medical technology firms, and study institutions.
- Blood Bank Technicians are in charge of gathering, processing, and keeping donated blood in blood banks and transfusion facilities. They collaborate with a group of medical experts to guarantee that given blood is secure for use in patient transfusions.
- Medical record technicians are in charge of organising and managing patient health information in hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare institutions. They are also referred to as health information technicians.
- In criminal inquiries, forensic scientists are in charge of analysing and interpreting physical evidence. They are employed by law enforcement organisations and investigative labs.
- Medical transcriptionists: They write down medical records that doctors and other healthcare workers have dictated. They are employed by medical transcribing businesses, hospitals, and clinics.
Visited 378 times, 1 Visit today