- Understand the various domains that come under the bigger domain of media and communication.
- Apply the knowledge in various areas of media and communication and come up with innovative solutions or take up higher education and research.
- Work competently as individuals and as members of a team on projects concerning media and communication.
- Engage in bettering the professional practices in media and communication and develop the capacity to adjust with social and professional changes.
- Create innovative products and practices to aid various practices under the larger field of media and communication.
B.A. (Hons) Journalism and Mass Communication
[vc_row][vc_column][ult_tab_element tab_style="Style_3" tab_animation="Slide-Horizontal"][single_tab title="B.A. (Hons) Journalism and Mass Communication" tab_id="1659158205137-3"][vc_empty_space][vc_column_text]Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- Media and Communication Knowledge: Apply the knowledge acquired in journalism, audio-visual communication, public relations, advertising and event management in order to solve problems – both simple and complex.
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex application problems in media and communication reaching substantiated conclusions using the knowledge of journalism, audio-visual communication, public relations, advertising and event management.
- Design/ Development of Solutions: Design solutions for unsolved issues in media and communication and design strategic solutions that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for social and ethical considerations.
- Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool Usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern media and communication tools with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Communicator and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, economic, political, ethical and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional media and communication practices.
- Social Environment: Understand the impact of media and communication practices in creating the social environment, and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of media and communication.
- Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on specific communication issues with the larger media community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the media and communication issues and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long Learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in media and communication.