A professional career program always begins with a question, “What shall I become after graduation?” Well, this question has several answers and depends upon the choice of the program. Students will be ready to step in to the professional world with transformative educational experience after completing their B. Tech Degree. In order to project into the same, Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering at Adamas university has started multiple rationalized programs to cater to present requirement of society in a wider sense. Let’s find out how a student since the inception carries out his/her journey with an ECE program.
Importance of ECE Engineering: First, I like to say, Electronics & Communication Engineering is a branch of studies which deals with the science of electrons that covers a wide range of applications like Television, Radio, computers, telecommunication etc. which make our life easier and enjoyable. ECE is backbone of modern communication system which rules rocket science to telecommunication everything. Present-day scenario, modern applications like Internet of things (IOT), Robotics, and Embedded Systems are highly dependent on the knowledge of ECE. Now a day, we are unable to think our daily life without the elements or devices connecting with electronics and communication engineering. As an example, it is very difficult to spend even a single day without mobile phone or television.
For understanding purpose, I give you one small example that how Electronics & Communication Engineering relates with the current scenario:
Nanotechnology is helping to create high speed switching devices, the evolution from Intel Pentium 1 processor to recent core i7 processor only because of the requirement of high speed, and micro architecture, so these are the part of electronics, and these electronics parts when utilized to make the various computing devices like: smart watch, laptops, smart phones and they are interconnected each other to send the information via wireless medium, then the communication process is done.
So, all these things keep in mind, we are trying to create our curriculum of the B Tech program that can be directly link to the emerging technologies leading to Industry 4.0
Department has provided collaborative environment open to the free exchange of ideas, where research, creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship can flourish, and ensured students achieve their full potential.
I have mentioned the roadmap of the ECE students where students have the multiple options to customize their courses.
Story Board of ECE Department
The student can choose a regular B. Tech degree (in ECE with duration of 4 years). In addition, Department also offers B Tech (Hons.) programs designed with specialization subjects in different areas along with Project Based Learning in big ticket areas like Autonomous Electrical Vehicles, Aerial Robotics, Smart City, subject like Emotional Quotient, Design Thinking and students’ social responsibility project like ‘Adamas Foundation’.
Now the question is why these specialization programs are required:
ECE Engineers are very much responsible to provide innovative solutions to meet the needs of our modern world. For that purpose, student need to develop their skills and knowledge to get a head start in an engineering career that requires specialist skills and adaptability. This four-year program is designed to give the student an overall education in ECE as well as specialist knowledge in fields such as Internet of Things, Embedded Systems and Robotics. You’ll graduate with comprehensive knowledge of engineering and a range of practical skills that mean you’ll be experienced and ready to work.
We all know that the rapid growth of the “Internet of Things” is changing the modern era where embedded system plays an important role due to its unique features such as real time computing, low power consumption, low maintenance and high availability. In today’s world, when we are looking for smart cities, environmental monitoring system, smart home appliances and smart health care system where internet of things are applied.
Robotics is another very important area which deals with the design and application of robots. Today, robots are used in various fields like: industrial manufacturing process, nuclear science, defence system, service for communication and many more. In fact, during this lock down situation, where social distancing is required, demanding the use of robots for sanitization, city monitoring and to help the doctors.
If I give one small example: like Amazon built a Voice-Controlled Robot named as “Alexa”, now a days very popular in daily life. Using this device through the mobile Alexa app, we connect the other home appliances using Internet of Things technology.
In today’s scenario, the graduate with knowledge of IoT or robotics having a tremendous market demand.
So, all these things keep in mind, department of ECE has introduced two B. Tech+ courses (new generation programs) in addition with the regular course.
- B. Tech in ECE with specialization in IOT and Embedded System
- B. Tech in ECE with specialization in Robotics
In this context, a third-year student can choose one specialization among 2 different paths. This specialization is also optional. But it is highly recommended to study in one specialized path to place him/herself in a frontline position.
ECE students can choose their career in different areas:
Option1: A student while admissions can choose B. Tech in ECE (Regular Program) with Diploma in Management (offered by School of Business and Economics) and get a B. Tech degree with a Diploma in Management. After the successful completion of this program, job opportunities for a student will be opened in service industries as well as in FMCG, Logistic, Manufacturing, Automobile industries. In addition, if students choose two years MBA program, they will get an edge over other students having vanilla (regular) B. Tech and also, management knowledge extrapolate if someone wants to initiate Start-ups.
Option 2: A student while admissions can choose to study B. Tech regular program with Minors (from other relevant departments/domains).
This has three possible areas (anyone can choose):
- Minor in CSE (Offered by Computer Science and Engineering Dept.): After the successful completion of this program, students are eager to join in various industrial sectors such as consulting, software development, database manager, data scientist etc.
- Minor in Biotechnology (Offered by School of Life Science and Biotechnology): Students enjoy huge demand in various industrial sectors such as food and beverage, biological products, medicines, pharmaceuticals, agriculture, animal husbandry, nutrition, tissue culture and environmental conservation. Career opportunities in the field are numerous and include positions like medical researcher, database manager or software developer.
- Minor in Production Management (Offered by Mechanical Engineering Dept.): Minor Program in Production Management prepare for ECE students to apply the concept of Production & Management. The Program offers ample scope to apply into action a mix of Engineering knowledge and Managerial skills. There are various sectors in which a Production Management graduate can get jobs i.e- Heavy Machinery, Refineries, Paper Industry, Automobile Industry etc.
Optional Add-On courses: Apart from that, an ECE student can choose some Add-On courses like Beautiful Mind Program /Club Activities etc. along with their core program.
- Beautiful Mind Program: It is a parallel learning system where students have to register for any one learning path out of six learning paths or domains given below:
- Application Software Development
- System Software Development
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Cloud Based Software Development
- Mobile and Web Application Development
- Internet of Things
- After registering various problems will be given stage wise.
- After clearing one stage the next stage will be activated.
- Clearing every stage will generate certificate.
- Final stage will generate “master” certificate.
- Duration for every learning path is at least one year.
- Various Club Activities: There are several clubs in our University like Robotics Club, Entrepreneurship club, Dramatics Club, Music Club etc. where students can engage themselves and do some creative works in different areas as per their own interest.
Finally, I can say to build a great and diverse career after higher secondary, B. Tech in ECE is one of the most promising option where student may opt for multidisciplinary careers. But the most important thing is time management. So, all these things keep in mind, we have designed the B. Tech+ courses in such a manner that it will be completed within 4 years.
N.B. An additional certificate along with Regular B.Tech. Program will be awarded to those students who will choose any one of these Specializations, Minors or Diploma program.
Visited 430 times, 1 Visit today