Masters of Arts (M.A.) or Masters of Science (M.Sc.) in Education is a two years Post Graduate course. It has four semesters. Students have to appear for an entrance test followed by a personal interview for admission. This course helps to develop leadership skills. It sharpens the already existing knowledge, gives immense opportunities to become a skilled professional. It develops the competency level of students. Students become aware of the new and innovative methods of teaching and Educational Research.
- A Master’s degree in Education helps develop a lot of skills like management skills, administrative skills, and pedagogical skills.
- Students learn the theories and techniques of management of education and apply these skills and knowledge in Teacher Education.
- After completion of a Master degree in Education, teaching competency is developed among learners.
- Students become sensitive towards Inclusive Education, Multiculturalism, Socialization, Gender Equality, Social structure and Social equity.
- Innovative Teaching Methods: Modern Methods like Blended Approach, Programmed Instruction, Peer Tutoring, Seminar Presentation, Brain Storming, Co-operative and Collaborative Learning, Debates are followed with comprehensive, non- scholastic activities throughout the year following the regular classes of Yoga. Flipped classroom based on various technologies as well as engagement of the students in teaching learning process acts as the prime focus of School of Education.
- Co-curricular club activities: Co-curricular club activities like Drama, Dance, Singing, Recitation, Films, Creative arts etc. are strictly followed under the membership of respected authority. International collaboration for organizing different activities has enriched our students to expand their creative as well as intellectual qualities. These add recreational value to the course.
- International Exposures: Adamas University organizes conference, seminar/webinar, and workshop in collaboration with world class foreign universities. Currently, the School of Education has tied up with the Far Eastern University at Philippines and organizes different programmes collaboratively like conference, teaching, research activities, faculty led seminar/webinar, workshop, student led seminars, discussion, and the like. Getting involved in those activities, student-teachers can brush up their expertise.
- Highly qualified Faculty Members: The student-teachers are mentored by our highly qualified and experienced faculty members. They are involved in writing books and publishing research papers at national & international journals and act as resource persons at different seminar/webinar/conference. They act as external examiners and interviewers at various universities.
- Seminar/Webinar/Workshop/Conference: In order to give firsthand experience on current trends of education system, School of Education organizes various Seminar/Webinar/Conference at regular basis. Each and every endeavour has a global standard.
Duration: The duration of the course is two years with four semesters.
Eligibility: Candidates who have obtained 50% of marks in their B.A./B.Sc. examination are eligible. Those who have passed B.A. (Hons.) in Education with 50% marks are also eligible for admission.
Admission: Intake capacity is 40.
- There are four semesters.
- In Semester-I, the Master of Arts (M.A.) or Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Education Programme consists of three compulsory theory papers namely Philosophical Foundations of Education, Psychological Foundations of Education, Sociological Foundations of Education.
- Students have to take one Ability Enhancement Course in First Semester. The options are Creative Innovation in Education, Yoga Education, Creative Writing in Education.
- In Semester-II, the three compulsory theory papers are History of Education and Contemporary Issues in Education, Educational Measurement and Evaluation, Information and Communication Technology in Education.
- Students have to take one Ability Enhancement Course in Second Semester also. They will have to choose any one course from the following three courses- Mental Health and Hygiene, Gender Issues in Education, Life skill education.
- In Semester-III, Three theory papers are Methodology of Educational Research, Educational Administration and Management, ICT in Education and Psychology Practical.
- Students have to take one Discipline Specific Elective Course in the 3rd Semester. They will have to choose any one course from the following four courses- Teacher Education, Educational Technology, Guidance and Counselling, Population and Environmental Education.
- In Semester-IV, Two theory papers are Curriculum Studies and Politics and Economics of Education, Educational Statistics.
- Students have to take one Discipline Specific Elective Course in the 4th Semester also. They will have to choose any one course from the following four courses- Education of Children with special needs, Pedagogical and Andragogical Studies, Peace and Value Education, Non-formal and Distance Education.
- There is a field-based activity. Students have to do one Dissertation or Project work.
- M.A./ M.Sc. holders get jobs in various fields. They can work as Counsellor, Educational Administrators, Researchers, Lecturers, Educational Consultants, School Teachers, Professors, Private Tutors, Principals, Writers, Bloggers.
- They can act as Soft skill Trainers, Online Tutors, Curriculum Developers and Project Assistants.
- There is an emerging demand for experts in the field of Teacher Education. Teacher training institutes absorb students who have master degrees in education.
- School of Education provides placements if there is any vacancy.
- Professors of the School of Education are skilled and well connected with other teacher training colleges and universities.
- After completing masters students become eligible to sit for various competitive examinations like National Eligibility Test (NET), State Eligibility Test (SET). Professors provide guidance and all sorts of support in cracking these examinations.
- School of Education provides scope for further research in Education after completing a master degree. There is scope for doing PhD in Education.
- Aspiring candidates are encouraged to join the School of Education.
Visited 49 times, 1 Visit today