What do we learn from a challenging situation like this? Well, one of the take-home messages for all of us that by taking appropriate measure one can fight an adverse situation and turn it into a favourable one. Likewise, you need to take charge of the career of the ward and turn it into a successful one. The definition of “success” being debatable, you all must try to do something which leaves footprints on the path of development of society through technological breakthroughs.
What is the best in you?
The most common question one face during his school days is probably “what do you want to become in your life?”. It is asked with the intention to support your career. The most common applauded answer is probably as per traditional mindset such as doctor or engineer. But is it the only question that one should ask? Let’s take a lesson from the life of accomplished people. If we look at the life of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose, Mahatma Gandhi, Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore, Acharya J. C. Bose, Prof. C. V. Raman, Prof. Homi Bhabha, our president Dr A. P. J. Abdul Kalam, then we find they are all known for their work and contribution towards society. They are not merely recognized by the career they choose. It’s their intention and actions rather than career options. Whichever field you choose, making an impact is most important.
So, you can say to your child, “what do you want to do in your life” is a more basic and pertinent question rather than “what do you want to become in your life”. If you concentrate on that question and explore what you want to do in our life then it would tell you what stream you should choose, what career you should choose and many more.
It is not an easy question and takes time to find an answer. The most common guiding line by the seniors is “pursue your dreams”. But dreaming without full information about the future possibilities is not an option you should go for!! In today’s world, where the job market and job roles are changing so fast, you should choose a stream that offers flexibility. Flexibility in terms of further study areas and flexibility in the career options. Science is the only stream that has the potential and diversity to offer this much flexibility.
Why Basic Science still today?
I hope, there is no doubt whatsoever in anyone’s mind about the importance and usefulness of basic science, even today! In fact, all the aspects of the development of humankind is marked by the progress of science. Because today’s science will create tomorrow’s technology. So, the question is not really about the utility of science but the prospect of a career in science. Somehow one misconception is there in the mind of common people that there is a limited job available to students of science disciplines. But in reality, this is just the opposite. If you take the example of any advanced country then the economic model they are following is that of the knowledge economy.
This knowledge economy is propelled by the rapid advancement of scientific innovation. Rapid innovation in science is only possible if you have a skilled workforce capable of carrying out cutting edge scientific research. In India, slowly and steadily we are also moving towards a knowledge-based economy. That is why one can see every company has its own dedicated R&D wing which seeks to employ thousands of employees trained in science. India’s transition to a knowledge-based economy is also reflected through various government initiatives like Atal Innovation Mission, Startup India etc. But that is about the high-end job. Traditional jobs like jobs in the government sector, teaching job in schools, Colleges and Universities and private sectors mostly employ people from science background. So we can say if you are talking about a job in science then it is limited only by your imagination. The possibility is limitless.
School of Basic and Applied Science (SOBAS) at Adamas University is committed to delivering quality education in science and applied areas of Science and at the same time to create world-class scientific knowledge.
To meet our objectives, we have created an ecosystem that focuses on three main areas:
(i) Teaching-Learning pedagogy (ii) Intellectual capital (iii) Infrastructure.
Let us briefly tell you about the features of these three areas:
(i) Process of delivering education:
- Outcome-Based Education followed in major National and International Universities.
- Choice Based Credit System for all programs.
- Freedom to Choose an area of Specialization based on individual choice in Postgraduate program.
- Regular monitoring of Syllabi by renowned external experts from Academia and Industry.
- Learner-centric pedagogies.
- Healthy Student-faculty ratio.
- Equal attention to Theory as well Practical classes.
- Uninterrupted class in every situation including pandemic (Online class, Smart Lab)
- D2P: Every student (UG & PG) is encouraged to publish their dissertation in reputed peer-reviewed journals.
- Academic & Industry Internship program in reputed organizations.
- Number of Value Added Courses
- Co-curricular Activities like National & International Conferences in Technical collaboration with reputed International Publishing Houses like IOPScience, Elsivier, Springer, AIP Publishing etc. , Seminars, Webinars, Field visits etc.
- Various Extra-curricular Activities through different club activities like Writer’s club, Environmental Club, Film Club, Dance Club etc.
- Adamas Comprehensive Excellence (ACE) scorecard to track the holistic growth & development of each student – regular monitoring by individual mentor
- Special classes for competitive academic examinations (JAM, NET, GATE)
- Special guidance for higher studies in abroad through Study Abroad Program
- Special guidance for entrepreneurial & innovation activities through SOBAS Innovation & Incubation cell
- Improvements of soft skills through various programs organized by Career Development Cell (CDC).
- Regular career guidance and campus interviews organized by Career Development Cell
- Single window grievance cell for students through SOBAS care.
(ii) Intellectual capital
- Experienced Faculty Members with specializations in a wide range of Science & Applied science subjects.
- Publication with major International journals
- Experience in conducting high-quality research in India & abroad.
- Experience in conducting sponsored research from Government agencies & Industry.
- Regular update of knowledge through various Faculty Development programs, online courses.
- Knowledge exchange and research collaboration through physical/online seminars, academic visits
- Smart Classroom with projector facilities
- State of the Art Laboratories
- High-End Computation Facility with many software like Mathematica, Matlab, R, Python, QGIS, SAGA, GIS, tnt MIPS etc.
- The flexibility of conducting activities through online/offline mode.
- Digital infrastructure like Canvas, Smart Lab, TCSion, Microsoft Teams, digital tablets etc.
Currently, we are running our programs through six domains – Chemistry, Environmental Science, Forensic sciences, Geography, Mathematics & Physics. Various Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral courses offered by these departments can be accessed through our website – https://science.adamasuniversity.ac.in/. Also, any queries regarding our school can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finally, to all our prospective students we would like to say, we harvest knowledge in its pure form, come join us in our quest and try to make a difference in tomorrow’s world!
Visited 634 times, 1 Visit today